Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Few Dorming Tid-Bits

1. Get a real broom. Swiffers  s u c k  in my personal opinion.
2. Meet your neighbors right away! I knocked on all the nearby rooms with cookies the first night, like a chipper woman in a welcoming gated community. Everyone remembered me as the cookie girl and it was an easy way to break the ice. If you wait too long you may never get to know your neighbors. Since I've moved rooms, I've never even seen the boys next door. It'd feel awkward to go over this late in the game.
3. Have a cleaning schedule with your roommates. Otherwise you'll either be living in a .p.i.g.s.t.y. or you'll end up cleaning everything on your own, like me.
4. If you don't have carpet in your room, get rugs to cover the floors. MUCH more home-y. 
5. Your school will probably tell you no nails in the walls. I g n o r e  them. Thumbtacks and nails are the most efficient way to hang things up. You WILL want to cover up that barren wall so it doesn't feel like you're walking into a jail cell. You can always use toothpaste to fill the holes at the end of the year.
I used tape to put my pictures up, but the humidity has been pulling them off.
I used a nail for my name plaque and tacks for the plastic black flowers and they've stayed perfectly!
6. If your roommates have memory loss whenever they use a dish and the dirty dishes pile up in the sink, get your own dishes and silverware. Keep it out of sight too, so they won't dirty all your dishes.
7. Don't keep too much junk food in your dorm room. Two words: FRESHMEN FIFTEEN
More on this important s u b j e c t  later. . .

4 comments:

  1. I just read this while sitting in the hall and shared a few tips with some of the girls in my hall :)

    They like the toothpaste bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emgib :)
    You da best, missss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your blog! You have great advice!

    ReplyDelete