Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter Break: Don't Become A Couch Potato

I had a countdown going at 58 days left til' Christmas Vacation and the end of my first college quarter. I would have made one of those fun little elementary school style chains where you pull a link off every day to count down, had I not been in such an artsy area where everyone is g o i n g green
My plans for Winter break consisted of sleeping and not doing homework (of course), spending time with my family, hanging with a few friends, reading, starting a blog, baking (primarily cupcakes for my sister's wedding shower, I want the perfect flavor and design), writing a song or two on the piano (ha... good luck to me), practicing the piano, helping with the wedding plans, and that's about it. 
I didn't realize how much .t.i.m.e. that would still leave me, and how ready I would be to return to Georgia
I was afraid once I got home, I'd never want to go back to school. Thankfully, that is not the case. Let's be honest (my dad hates when I say this lately, he says it sounds like I'm not normally honest), I love my family and it's great to be home, but I'd be such a loser if I stayed here too much longer. Blogging, baking, reading, and piano? Ideal to me, but it still sounds pretty lame
So many of my friends are still gone to school or on missions or who know what, since I just haven't kept in touch with many since moving to Texas and it'd be odd to call them up now.
Winter Break has been excellent and I am enjoying the lounging around and free time, but don't let yourself get too bored like I almost did.
I'm a person who can't stand to be too idle. Therefore, I got a part time job at the Gap, and I'm taking a cake decorating class twice a week. My break has felt so much better just by having a few planned things.
Happy Christmas vacationing! So pysched for the start of my second quarter of college :))

No comments:

Post a Comment